Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
Following Arsenal’s 3-1 win over Sunderland on Saturday they have moved to the top of the Premier League table for the first time this season and as a result their odds to still be there at the end of the season have been dramatically cut.
With Manchester City only managing a draw and Chelsea suffering a surprise defeat at Everton on Saturday, three wins from four fames has been enough to put the Gunners top and they are now a best price of 10/1 with Ladbrokes to claim the title.
The impressive performance of debutant Mesut Ozil will be part of the reason the bookies have altered the odds and the fragility of their title rivals is certainly another factor.
Arsene Wenger’s side are still some way off the leading three teams in the betting though with Manchester City remaining the favourites for the Premier League at 13/5 with Boyle Sports and Chelsea just behind them at 11/4 with Bet365.
Manchester United picked up their second win of the season at home to Crystal Palace and they are third favourites at 15/4 with 888sport.
Liverpool could be the team to make the real move in the odds depending on how they perform at Swansea on Monday night. A fourth consecutive win would see them go three points clear at the top of the table and even a draw would return them to the summit. Going into the match they are 11/1 with Ladbrokes to lift the title.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move