Bendtner odds-on for Palace move
Crystal Palace look set to continue to strengthen their squad into the last day of the summer transfer window with Arsenal misfit Nicklas Bendtner now odds-on to join the Eagles before the window slams shut at 23:00 on Monday.
The Danish striker has never really managed to hold down a place in the first team at the Emirates Stadium during his eight years at the club and has spent the majority of the last two seasons on loan at Sunderland and Juventus. He now looks set to be leaving the club again, potentially on loan once more, with Sky Bet rating Palace’s chances of signing him this Monday at 4/7.
This would make him the second forward the Eagles have signed from the Gunners this summer after Marouane Chamakh arrived at Selhurst Park on a one year deal in August.
Palace are expected to be one of the busier teams on transfer deadline day with a number of other players linked with a move to Ian Holloway’s side. Aston Villa’s Barry Bannan, West Ham’s Ricardo Vaz Te and Brighton’s Leonardo Ulloa have all been earmarked as possible last minute signings for the Premier League new boys.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job