Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
Mesut Ozil is without a doubt the most eye-catching arrival of the summer transfer window with the German international signing for Arsenal from Real Madrid but the bookmakers do not expect him to make a huge goal scoring impact on the Premier League this season.
The 24-year-old arrives at the Emirates with a sparking reputation but he is not renowned for hitting the back of the net on a regular basis with the most prolific season of his career being when he scored 11 goals in 46 games for Werder Bremen back in 2009/10.
Bet Vicor have made it a best price of 7/4 for the German to score over 8.5 Premier League goals this season for the Gunnners, whilst he is 7/2 to manage over 10.5. Arsenal fans with a new found sense of optimism will see this as an excellent opportunity but the stats show that Ozil has only managed more than that amount of league goals twice in his career and in his first season in the Premier League he may well struggle.
The attacking midfielder should make his Arsenal debut away to Sunderland on September 14 but again the bookies do not fancy him to make much goal scoring impact. Coral are offering 11/4 on Ozil to score on his debut for Arsene Wenger’s side whilst he is 33/1 to be sent off on his first appearance.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move