Gayle ahead of Chamakh in Palace top scorer betting
Crystal Palace are set to unleash a brand new forward line having been promoted to the Premier League with Dwight Gayle and Marouane Chamakh joining the club and it is the man signed from Peterborough rather than Arsenal who is the bookies’ favourite to be their top scorer in the top flight.
Gayle, whose previous clubs are Dagenham and Redbridge, Bishop’s Stortford and Peterborough has been rated at 2/1 with Sky Bet to hit the net the most for the Eagles in the Premier League this year.
His new strike partner Chamakh, who joined from Arsenal on a one-year deal on Monday and has 63 caps for Morocco is less fancied with his best price being the 3/1 that Bet Victor are offering.
It is a fairly dim view the bookmakers have taken on a player who has plenty of experience in the Premier League, Champions League and internationally compared to a man who has just 29 Championship appearances to his name.
Palace are the bookmaker’s odds-on favourites to be relegated this season with a best price of 4/7 with Coral that they make an immediate return to the Championship. Only they and fellow newly promoted Hull are odds-on across the board to suffer this fate.
• Arsenal odds-against for derby win
• Eto’o favourite to be Chelsea top scorer
• Villa linked with Zamora swoop
• Newcastle 11/8 to re-sign Ba
• Arsenal set to be fail in Richards bid
• Moses now odds-on for Liverpool switch
• Ozil odds-on for Manchester United move
• Soldado now second favourite for Golden Boot
• Hull still 6/5 to stay in Premier League
• West Ham expected to grab Quagliarella
• Chelsea odds-on to capture Willian
• Di Maria odds-against to join Arsenal
• Chelsea to make third Rooney bid
• Southampton backed into 7/2 for Sinclair signing
• Cabaye odds-on to join Arsenal
• Fellaini and Baines still odds-on to join United
• United odds-against for opening day win
• Walker still linked with Chelsea switch
• Lambert 3/1 to make World Cup squad
• Fulham now favourites to sign Parker
• Chelsea odds-on for Khedira capture
• Moses odds-on to join Everton
• Watford new favourites for Sky Bet Championship
• Bookmaker opens betting on next team name change
• West Ham favourites for Ba signature
• Luiz still odds-against for Barcelona move
• Suarez was promised Liverpool exit
• Newcastle bring in Remy with Gomis expected to follow
• Chelsea see second Rooney bid rejected
• Spurs confirm 26m Soldado signing