Hull still 6/5 to stay in Premier League
Despite recording their first win of the Premier League season on Saturday Hull City Tigers remain odds-against to avoid relegation and stay in the top flight of English football for a second season.
Steve Bruce’s side managed a 1-0 win over Norwich City at the KC Stadium despite being reduced to 10 men and proved that they have a sturdy enough defence to compete at the top level. However, the bookies still do not fancy their chances of survival with a best price of 6/5 with Bet Victor for the Tigers to avoid the drop.
The biggest worry for the East Yorkshire side is going to be scoring goals with just one scored in the first two games and that coming from the penalty spot. The situation is not helped by the sending off that striker Yannick Sagbo received for violent conduct against the Canaries at the weekend.
Even in the Championship last year when Bruce’s side finished second they struggled to hit the back of the net scoring just 61 goals in 46 games, less than the likes of Birmingham who finished 12th and Peterborough who were relegated to League One.
Of the three promoted teams of Hull, Crystal Palace and Cardiff the bookies expect two to return to the Championship immediately with a best price of evens with Stan James on that number facing the drop. Just one of them going down is available at 6/4 whilst all three ending in the bottom three is 11/2. If some sort of miracle occurs and all three sides manage to avoid relegation then you can back that at 14/1 with the same bookmaker.
• Arsenal odds-against for derby win
• Eto’o favourite to be Chelsea top scorer
• Villa linked with Zamora swoop
• Newcastle 11/8 to re-sign Ba
• Arsenal set to be fail in Richards bid
• Moses now odds-on for Liverpool switch
• Ozil odds-on for Manchester United move
• Soldado now second favourite for Golden Boot
• West Ham expected to grab Quagliarella
• Chelsea odds-on to capture Willian
• Di Maria odds-against to join Arsenal
• Chelsea to make third Rooney bid
• Southampton backed into 7/2 for Sinclair signing
• Cabaye odds-on to join Arsenal
• Fellaini and Baines still odds-on to join United
• United odds-against for opening day win
• Walker still linked with Chelsea switch
• Lambert 3/1 to make World Cup squad
• Fulham now favourites to sign Parker
• Chelsea odds-on for Khedira capture
• Gayle ahead of Chamakh in Palace top scorer betting
• Moses odds-on to join Everton
• Watford new favourites for Sky Bet Championship
• Bookmaker opens betting on next team name change
• West Ham favourites for Ba signature
• Luiz still odds-against for Barcelona move
• Suarez was promised Liverpool exit
• Newcastle bring in Remy with Gomis expected to follow
• Chelsea see second Rooney bid rejected
• Spurs confirm 26m Soldado signing