Lamela lowest price for debut strike
There are a host of big names set to make their Premier League debuts this weekend after a splurge of spending on transfer deadline day but surprisingly it is Tottenham’s Erik Lamela who is the lowest price to score first on his initial appearance in English football.
The Argentina international has arrived at White Hart Lane to fill the boots of the departing Gareth Bale and he is 13/2 with Sky Bet to make an instant impact and score first for his new club against Norwich. This does not necessarily look like the best bet though with Lamela having been on international duty and Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas suggesting he was not as ready as he might be for first team action.
Tottenham could also choose to hand a debut to Christian Eriksen who joined from Ajax and the Dane is 8/1 to score first on Saturday with 888sport.
The biggest name new arrival in the Premier League is Mesut Ozil who joined Arsenal from Real Madrid. His debut is set to come away to Sunderland and he is out at 9/1 to score first in the contest. The German is more known for his assists than his goals which is why he is out at such a tempting price.
Jose Mourinho’s team selections may be hard to predict but the likelihood is that Samuel Eto’o will make his debut for Chelsea against Everton on Saturday with the other strikers at the club short of form. He is arguably the best price of any of the Premier League debutants to get going quickly as he is 7/1 again with Ladbrokes to score first.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move