Lennon new favourite for Everton job
Neil Lennon has emerged as Sky Bet’s new favourite to be the next Everton manager following a significant run of bets on Thursday evening.
The Celtic boss was third favourite at 12/1 when it was confirmed that David Moyes would be departing Goodison Park to replace Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager next season.
However, some significant punts have prompted his price to gradually tumble into odds-on, currently at 8/11, with former favourite Roberto Martinez drifting out to 4/1.
Sky Bet Football Trader Chris Spicer said: “Martinez looked somewhat of a fragile favourite, having been in place at the head of the market on the basis of a few small bets before the position became vacant, and a flood of punts for Lennon has forced us to make him the new front-runner.
“Phil Neville (9/1), Vitor Pereira (12/1) and Malky Mackay (16/1) have all also attracted some support, but Lennon is certainly the popular choice amongst punters at the moment.”
• Martinez 2/7 for Everton job
• Di Matteo favourite for Stoke post
• Pellegrini expected to replace Mancini
• Martinez favourite to replace Moyes
• Mourinho 4/1 from 100/1 for United post
• Mourinho backed to replace Sir Alex
• Moyes backed heavily to be next Manchester Untied manager