Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
Whilst others may have grabbed the majority of the headlines arguably the biggest coup on transfer deadline day was the loan signing of Romelu Lukaku by Everton and the bookies certainly expect the Belgian behemoth to be a success on Merseyside.
The 20-year-old will spend the rest of the season at Goodison Park after signing from Chelsea and he is odds-on to make it into double figures in the goal scoring charts with a best price of 8/11 with Bet365 that he will manage over 10.5 goals.
The level at which the odds turn in the punter’s favour is at over 12.5 goals this season which is available at evens with Sky Bet whilst over 13.5 is at 6/4 with Bet Victor.
Everton’s next Premier League match ironically comes against Lukaku’s parent club Chelsea so he will have to wait until the trip to West Ham on the 21st to make his debut and he is 5/2 with Sky Bet to hit the ground running at his new club and score on his first appearance for the club. The same bookmaker make it a huge price of 50/1 that his debut ends in humiliation and he is sent off.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move