Ozil favourite for PFA award
Mesut Ozil has made such an impression in his two Premier League games for Arsenal so far that he is now the favourite to be voted PFA Player of the Year come the end of the season.
The German international arrived at the Emirates this summer with a fearsome reputation for creating goals and has already been credited with four assists in his first two games with the Gunners claiming 3-1 wins in each.
This promising start has led the bookmakers to throw him in ahead of his more experienced Premier League rivals and he is a best price of 6/1 with Paddy Power to win the award voted for by fellow professionals.
His nearest rival is Robin van Persie who has made something of a quiet start to the season by his high standards but still has three goals in four league games and is 7/1 with Bet Victor to claim the PFA title thanks to another fine goal scoring season.
The surprise name near the top of the betting is Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey who has enjoyed a sensational start to the season earning widespread praise for his performances in central midfield and goal scoring ability. The Welshman is 8/1 with Bet Victor to be the PFA’s Player of the Year and if he can keep up his current level of performance then he has every chance.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move