Poyet strong favourite for Fulham job
The odds on Gus Poyet becoming the next Fulham manager have dramatically shrunk and the Uruguayan is now the strong odds-on favourite to succeed Martin Jol as the boss at Craven Cottage.
The Cottagers made a strong start to the season with an away win at Sunderland but have since suffered consecutive defeats to Arsenal and Newcastle and only scraped past Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup on penalties. These shaky performances have put Jol’s future in doubt and Stan James have installed Poyet as 8/13 favourite to be his replacement in the West London dugout.
Fulham have been linked with a move for Poyet in the past as when their form dipped in May this year the former Chelsea man seemed to be right in the frame for the manager’s job but they decided to stick with Jol. Further disappointment on the field though has seen Poyet’s name resurface and it may not be long until Jol is shown the exit door.
Poyet has only managed one team, that being Brighton where he enjoyed success although could not lead them to the Premier League before being dismissed in controversial circumstances after the conclusion of last season.
• Jol odds-on to be next Premier League boss to go
• Ozil favourite for PFA award
• Di Matteo clear favourite for Sunderland job
• Arsenal title odds dramatically cut
• Lamela lowest price for debut strike
• Di Canio favourite to be first to leave post
• Lukaku backed to score heavily at Everton
• United out to 4/1 for Premier League
• Bookies not expecting goals from Ozil
• Bendtner odds-on for Palace move