Pulis usurps Rodgers as Manager of the Year favourite
Tony Pulis usurped Brendan Rodgers as favourite to be named LMA Manager of the Year on Monday night, as his Crystal Palace side rallied from 3-0 behind to draw 3-3 with Rodgers’ Liverpool.
Palace had looked dead and buried as they trailed by three with just 15 minutes left, but they produced an incredible comeback to effectively end the Reds’ title hopes for the season.
Having taken the Eagles from relegation certainties, when he took over in November, to the security of mid-table, Pulis has earned plenty of new fans. He has masterminded victories over Chelsea and away at Everton in recent weeks, and this spirited display against Liverpool again showed his quality as a manager. The Welshman is now just 4/7 with Sky Bet to win the Manager of the Year gong.
Ironically, Rodgers not only lost out on two points at Selhurst Park, but his odds to win Manager of the Year have now stretch from odds-on to a whopping 5/1 with Bet Victor. The man who looks set to lift the Premier League trophy, Manuel Pellegrini, is ahead of him at 4/1 with the same bookmaker.
• Fabregas EVENS to join Manchester United
• Suarez just 13/8 to Join Real Madrid this Summer
• Inter Favourites to Sign Tom Ince
• Liverpool favourites to sign Lallana, Richards, Gaitan and Coentrao
• United Odds-on for Top Four Finish Next Season
• Derby Championship Play-off Favourites