Rooney EVENS to finish top English goal scorer
Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge look set to lead England’s attack in this summer’s World Cup but first they are to do battle in the goal scoring charts to see who finishes as the top English goal scorer in the Premier League, a contest Rooney is favourite to come out on top in.
The Manchester United striker may be struggling with injury at the moment but he has already bagged nine league goals this season and as a result is just EVENS with Bet Victor to out-score all his compatriots in the Premier League.
His tally leaves him one behind Sturridge at the time of writing who has netted 10 times for Liverpool and after returning from injury with a goal against Stoke at the weekend he looks good value in this market at 6/4 again with Bet Victor.
The odds suggest it is only really these two who have a chance in this market but Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez will beg to differ having found the back of the net eight times in the league so far. Rodriguez is 8/1 to score more than any other Englishman although it does seem unlikely if Rooney and Sturridge can remain fit for the rest of the season.
• Pochettino 5/1 to be next Premier League boss to leave
• Arsenal now 2/1 to bring in Draxler
• Fulham still fighting to sign Morrison
• Lescott EVENS for Hammers move
• QPR favourites to land in-demand Jelavic
• Ince tipped to join Swansea
• Berbatov just 6/4 to join Arsenal
• Guarin odds-on for January Chelsea switch