Spurs confirm £26m Soldado signing
Tottenham have confirmed that they have signed Spanish striker Roberto Solado from Valencia for a club-record fee of £26m on a four-year deal.
The 28-year-old has a sensational scoring record over the last five years after two years at Getafe yielded 33 goals from 66 games and then a fabulous three year spell at Valencia saw him score 81 goals in 141 appearances.
This has led to 11 caps for his country and six goals in the red of Spain including a hat-trick against Venezuela having come off the bench at half-time last year.
These huge numbers have seen him inserted as a best price of 33/1 with Bet Victor to be the top scorer in the Premier League and many will see this as a fabulous price. Certainly not all the bookies agree with Victor as Soldado is as low as 16/1 in other places.
With just Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor as the striking options at White Hart Lane and the huge fee that Spurs have paid for the centre-forward means that Soldado will get plenty of opportunities in the first team and given his age and experience he could well challenge the likes of Robin van Persie and Sergio Aguero who are favourites for the Golden Boot.
In terms of numbers Bet365 are offering 5/6 on both over and under 14.5 goals this season for Soldado and if he can transfer his La Liga form into the Premier League then the over market could prove fantastic value.
• Arsenal odds-against for derby win
• Eto’o favourite to be Chelsea top scorer
• Villa linked with Zamora swoop
• Newcastle 11/8 to re-sign Ba
• Arsenal set to be fail in Richards bid
• Moses now odds-on for Liverpool switch
• Ozil odds-on for Manchester United move
• Soldado now second favourite for Golden Boot
• Hull still 6/5 to stay in Premier League
• West Ham expected to grab Quagliarella
• Chelsea odds-on to capture Willian
• Di Maria odds-against to join Arsenal
• Chelsea to make third Rooney bid
• Southampton backed into 7/2 for Sinclair signing
• Cabaye odds-on to join Arsenal
• Fellaini and Baines still odds-on to join United
• United odds-against for opening day win
• Walker still linked with Chelsea switch
• Lambert 3/1 to make World Cup squad
• Fulham now favourites to sign Parker
• Chelsea odds-on for Khedira capture
• Gayle ahead of Chamakh in Palace top scorer betting
• Moses odds-on to join Everton
• Watford new favourites for Sky Bet Championship
• Bookmaker opens betting on next team name change
• West Ham favourites for Ba signature
• Luiz still odds-against for Barcelona move
• Suarez was promised Liverpool exit
• Newcastle bring in Remy with Gomis expected to follow
• Chelsea see second Rooney bid rejected