Sunderland 5/4 to avoid relegation
After a sensational week of results for bottom-of-the-table Sunderland, the Black Cats are now a best price of 5/4 to stay in the Premier League this season.
Gus Poyet’s side upset the odds by drawing 2-2 away at Manchester City on Wednesday and then shocked the world again on Saturday by beating Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. They may still be propping up the table but are now just three points from safety with four games to play and can be backed at 5/4 with Bet Victor to stay in the division.
Having picked up those results against teams in the top four, the Mackams will be full of confidence going into their last four fixtures, three of which are at home against Cardiff, West Brom and Swansea which all look distinctly winnable.
The bookies now expect the three teams heading for the Championship too be Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich, all of whom are odds-on for the drop. Fulham seem to have the best chance of staying in the division and can be backed at 7/4 with Sky Bet to do so.
• City now odds-on favourites for Premier League
• United 11/8 for top four finish next season
• Cole odds-on for Madrid move
• Pulis into 4/1 for Manager of the Year
• Gerrard goes favourite for Sports Personality of the Year
• Liverpool go favourites for Premier League
• Everton favourites for key Arsenal clash