United odds-against for opening day win
David Moyes takes charge of his first league game as Manchester United manager on Saturday and will do well to come away from it with three points according to the bookmakers with the Red Devils odds-against for the win.
United travel to League Cup winners Swansea and although other bookies are less generous, Bet365 rate the Premier League champions at 11/10 to claim victory at the Liberty Stadium.
This is still the most likely outcome according to the bookmakers with the draw available at a best of 5/2 with Sky Bet and the Swans out at 3/1 with Betfred so at odds-against there is likely to be a host of United fans steaming in at 11/10 for their team to win.
The two sides shared the spoils at the Liberty Stadium last season after a 1-1 draw whilst the Red Devils managed only a narrow 2-1 win at Old Trafford so it is clear why the bookies rate Swansea’s chances of upsetting the reigning champions.
Throw into the mix the Swans’ impressive set of new signings compared to United’s lack of investment and the excellent form in Europa League qualifying of Michael Laudrup’s side and it is obvious that this one can go either way. However, given United’s win ratio over the last two decades, any odds-against price on them is usually worth backing.
• Arsenal odds-against for derby win
• Eto’o favourite to be Chelsea top scorer
• Villa linked with Zamora swoop
• Newcastle 11/8 to re-sign Ba
• Arsenal set to be fail in Richards bid
• Moses now odds-on for Liverpool switch
• Ozil odds-on for Manchester United move
• Soldado now second favourite for Golden Boot
• Hull still 6/5 to stay in Premier League
• West Ham expected to grab Quagliarella
• Chelsea odds-on to capture Willian
• Di Maria odds-against to join Arsenal
• Chelsea to make third Rooney bid
• Southampton backed into 7/2 for Sinclair signing
• Cabaye odds-on to join Arsenal
• Fellaini and Baines still odds-on to join United
• Walker still linked with Chelsea switch
• Lambert 3/1 to make World Cup squad
• Fulham now favourites to sign Parker
• Chelsea odds-on for Khedira capture
• Gayle ahead of Chamakh in Palace top scorer betting
• Moses odds-on to join Everton
• Watford new favourites for Sky Bet Championship
• Bookmaker opens betting on next team name change
• West Ham favourites for Ba signature
• Luiz still odds-against for Barcelona move
• Suarez was promised Liverpool exit
• Newcastle bring in Remy with Gomis expected to follow
• Chelsea see second Rooney bid rejected
• Spurs confirm 26m Soldado signing